A special occasion speech is one that is prepared for a specific occasion and for a purpose dedicated by that occasion
-There are many different kinds of special occasion speeches.
· Introduction speeches- you warm up the audience for the main speaker
· Acceptance speeches- made in response to receiving an award
· Presentation speeches- why the person is receiving the award
· Roasts and toasts- a humorous tribute to the person
· Eulogy speeches- a speech of praise
· Inspirational speeches- seek to motivate listeners to positively consider/reflect on the speakers words